SqueezeCenter Information Screen
This plugin for SqueezeCenter is a plugin/applet combination that makes it possible to configure what should be shown on a screen saver on a Squeezebox Touch, Radio or Controller. A little bit similar to what MusicInfoSCR does on Classic players combined with Saver Switcher to switch between different kind of information.
The plugin is currently bundled with a number of templates, for example:
- A now playing screen where you can configure which information you like to show, as an example, you can configure it to show any title format supported by Squeeze Center, for example those provided by the Custom Scan plugin.
- A clock with configurable time and date formats
- A configurable three line text screen where you can add the title formats of your choice, adjust the font size and it shows them over the whole screen and doesn't show any cover art.
- A cover art screen that shows the cover art over the whole screen
- A screen template for showing random album covers from your library
The default configuration switches between the now playing and clock screen every fifth second, but you can change this and use any of the templates provides.
Please note that you will need both the Information Screen plugin installed in Squeezebox Server and the Information Screen applet installed on the Squeezebox Touch, Radio or Controller.
See my Wiki for information about Information Screen and my other plugins.
See here for more information about the slimserver and SqueezeBox.
Click here if you want to support future development of this software
To browse the source code, click here
The current wish list for new features and open bugs in Information Screen can be found here
Install through Extension Downloader